With hearts overflowing, the three of us would like to introduce to you our son and little brother (you heard us correctly!). With a peace that passes all understanding, we have accepted the referral of [name withheld]. He is 2 1/2 years old and he is waiting for us in Shanxi Province, China.
We could not be more thrilled with God's choice for us, and though it appears to be quite different than what we had set out on this journey for, we are quite confident it is where the Lord has lead us.
We thank you for faithfully praying for us and we ask that you continue to do so as the journey isn't over yet! It could be 3-5 months before we travel to get him. Much to do in the meantime!!
Here are some specific prayer requests:
1) Pray for [him]. Pray that he would be safe and well. Pray that he would be loved and cared for 'til we come. Pray that God would prepare his little heart and mind for the incredible transition into our lives.
2) Pray for continued favor with China's and our own government.
3) Pray that we would be able to go to China before the Olympics. This would be pretty miraculous, but we are reminded that nothing is too difficult for God!
4) Pray for our hearts and minds as we prepare for him to meet all of his needs: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
5) And that in ALL things He might get the glory!
We thank you for being a part of this journey with us through your prayers on our behalf! Keep praying!
The Lord bless!
Peter, Celinda, and Julianna AND [name withheld](English name-TBA)