Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Joyce Hardisty Surgery Update 8/2/08

From Ken Hardisty:

"Greetings to you all. This has been a challenging week for us. Joyce entered the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. After a battery of tests she was all set for her surgery on Wednesday. We both slept well Tuesday night having committed the following day’s surgery into the hand of our Lord.

Wednesday morning at about 5 AM the doctors and assistants came to take Joyce to the OR. She left the room at about 5:30, and I did not see her again until almost 5 PM. The surgery began at 6 AM and was in two phases. The first phase lasted three hours, the second phase was an additional 6 hours, so she did not leave the OR until about 3 PM, nine hours later. She was in the recovery room until a little before 5, when she was finally rolled back into the room, awake but still a bit groggy. It was sure good to see her again. After the first phase the oncologist visited me in the room to let me know that his phase was completed and that it went well. He mentioned that a few of the lymph nodes, that he removed, were a bit inflamed. So we are awaiting the results of the biopsy. After the second phase that surgeon also came and visited with us to let us know that his part went very well. So we thank the Lord for the good work of these fine men, instruments in the Lord’s hand for this moment in our lives.

Larry and Kim had come down from Cainta to spend the day with me and keep me occupied, and I was certainly thankful for them. They were there to greet Joyce as well when she was rolled into the room.

It is now Saturday afternoon here and Joyce was released from the hospital this morning and is resting here at Rose Brooks’ home in San Juan, just about a ¼ mile from the hospital. She is still a bit weak but doing very well. She still has several drains in and we have to care for them for the next week or so, but other than that this phase of things is finally over. Thank you all so much for praying. We will be remaining here in the Manila area for at least another week or two depending on the doctors and Joyce’s progress. We have a follow-up visit on Monday with one surgeon and Wednesday with the other. We long to be back home in the mountains, but the Lord’s timing is best. We will look to Him for His guidance.

We will keep you updated. Thank you so very much for uplifting us in prayer…we certainly have felt HIS presence."

No comments: