Elysha Brooks is the daughter of Richard and Katherine and the grand-daughter of Don and Elva Brooks (). Elysha's aunt Rachel reports:
Elysha is being admitted to the hospital today and the surgeons plan on doing heart surgery tomorrow. We do not know the exact time of the operation yet. They will be putting a shunt in from the pulmonary artery to the aortic artery to allow better transfer of oxygen. Her oxygen level today is 65. It is hoped this procedure will allow her to grow to 6 months of age before
major surgery. Elysha has six heart defects that we know about.
1. her heart is turned to the right instead of the left.
2. the pulmonary artery and aorta are flipped
3. the pulmonary artery and aorta both feed off the right ventricle
4. the ventricles are reversed; the right on the left and the left on the right.
5. the pulmoary artery is narrowed and has restricted blood flow
6. there is a hole between the ventricles.
Please pray for Elysha and the family.